DUE TO COVID 19, MOST IN-PERSON TRAININGS HAVE BEEN CONVERTED TO LIVE ONLINE TRAININGS. THESE TRAININGS WILL TAKE PLACE VIRTUALLY AND WILL REQUIRE PARTICIPATION DURING THE ENTIRE TRAINING. AS THE CURRENT HEALTH CRISIS IS CONSTANTLY CHANGING, GNESA WILL FOLLOW THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH AND THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND WILL MAKE CHANGES TO TRAINING IF/WHEN NECCESSARY. SOME TRAININGS REQUIRE IN-PERSON LEARNING AND WE WILL OFFER THOSE TRAININGS ONCE WE FEEL THAT IT IS SAFE TO DO SO. PLEASE CONTACT GNESA WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
Welcome to GNESA's training page! We are currently working on scheduling tranings for advocates and nurses. If you do not see the training you are interested in below, please check back for updated training information or contact GNESA to be placed our our mailing list. Once future training dates are set, further training information and registration links will be posted here on our website:
Did you know that LGBTQ people are some of the most vulnerable populations when it comes to facing interpersonal violence? In this online presentation, we will explore how LGBTQ communities experience sexual assault and domestic violence, the unique barriers they face in getting resources, and how to build personal and organizational practices that build bridges for LGBTQ survivors.
- April 20, 2021 from 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Presenter: Dr. Laura McGuire
- Please click here to register for this training.
Additional trainings coming soon!
- To be added to our mailing list for Sexual Assault Victim Advocacy Training, please click here.
- To be added to our mailing list for Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner/SANE Training, please click here. We anticipate that our next SANE training will be an Adult/Adolescent SANE Training in early 2021. We plan to offer a SANE Clinical Training Workshop after the Adult/Adolescent SANE didactic training class. We anticipate that the next Pediatric/Adolescent training will be held in summer 2021.
If you are enterested in hosting a training in your area or for special training requests, please contact GNESA.
Thank you for your interest.